Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Having too much Fun talking about Chile!!!





the kids were raindeers!


Kayla asked me if I could talk about Chile in her class. I thought it would be fun to do it. I had done it before for some of my nephews and friends classes and... the kids always make me laugh with theirs questions and comments...so I did it for Kayla's class too. It was fun!. I got lots of chilean stuffs from one of my chilean friend... a chilean barbie...a barbie dressed with the tipical chilean cowgirl, a book with lots of pictures from different cities and National parks, Lakes, Volcanos and etc,etc,etc. Kayla and me plus Dominique's help, made a Chilean cake...a yummy manjar and peaches one to share with her class. As always after I share everything I had with them, They could asked questions, so I pointed at the first kids with his hand up:
me: ok honey what is your question?
kid: do you know what do they eat in Germany for breakfast?
me:...mmmm...no, I'm not german...I AM FROM CHILE!
kid: ahhhhhhh

me: pointing at a girl who is with her hand up...ok honey what is your question?
girl: Do you know that my daddy went to Russia for his mission?
me: no I didn't know that....thanks for sharing

me: ok anybody else?
girl: mrs Czirr...are you from Mexico?
me:...mmmmm.... Do I look like a mexican!?...ok guys...read what it said here....C-H-I-L-E, look here now...pointing at the chilean flag...CHILE!...so what are we talking about here then...everybody: CHILEEEEEEEEE...yes!

1 comment:

Fun times said...

At least they didn't ask the all famous question..."Do you eat a lot of chili in Chile?" Hehe, looks like fun! You are awesome!