Sunday, March 5, 2006

New Jersey's Aquarium...What a Fun Place to Visit




















Kyle wanted to do something fun with us this weekend, so he took us, girls and me, to the Aquarium in NJ. We checked the weather and they said it was going to be in the 40ties so... coming from the "west", we thought it was going to be perfect!...WRONG!!!..we got there, it was really sunny and being inside the car looked wonderful, so we parked ...the parking was far away from the entrance. Walking...mmm.?. perfectly a...maybe 5 minutes with Mimi's and Kayla's little tiny legs. As soon as I opened the car's door...wow! I could feel the freezing cold wind...I thought well we are in a open place so it will be better when we are out of this area...NO IT WASN'T!!!. It was terrible!...I have never felt so cold in my entire life!...those 5 minutes walking to the entrance were crazy!...Kyle kept telling me " I can't feel my forehead!"...The girls were crying the whole time because their hands were frozen!. The wind was freezing cold that got straight to your bones...It remainded  me when I was living in Punta Arenas, South of Chile for a couple of month during winter...Punta Arenas is close to Antartica so you can understand how cold it was here. I almost cried...no kidding!
We run as fast as we could straight to the entrance...getting inside the building felt so good!.
The Place was amazing...we saw so many fun creatures. The girls and mine favorites animals to see were the huge hippos. You could see them playing under the water in a big glass tank it was awesome!. the girls were able to stand right in front of them when they were playing. Then the sharks were pretty cool and fun to see too...you could go in a glass tunnel and could see them right above you, it felt you could touch them!. We spend hours there and we enjoyed every single minute of it!.
The way home we laughed about the weather and the meaning of "40s" is, from one side to the other side in the country. Meaning West and East of USA.
It was an awesome trip!...I was amazed with all the creatures I saw. I think every time we go some place I have more fun than the girls. Everything its so new for me too. Even the freezing weather! The girls were so tired they slept the whole way back home. Lucky us!.

No comments: