Saturday, September 17, 2011

El 18 de Septiembre...Fiestas Patrias Chilenas!


We got together with a couple of friend's families to celebrate the Chilean Independence Day in the Chilean way MIERCALE!!!! with lots of food, meat, empanadas, pebre, loud music...the only thing missing was the CHICHA!!!...haha. My girls had lots of friends to play with, Jack had a huge left over plate just for him. We danced a lot and laughed so hard. We had such a great time celebrating and enjoying our "table" in the Chilean way, meaning: talking a lot and making fun and laughing at everybody and of everything!. I was so freaking tired at the end of the day that when everybody left I went straight to sleep as soon as I put my head on the pillow! Dominique, Kayla and Kyle did the same. The girls said to me today...:"Chileans really know how to have fun!". I like when we do things that are part of my culture. Seeing my girls enjoying it, its a great feeling!. It means a lot to me that Dominique and Kayla learn what and how we do thing in my culture. The same when I try the best I can so they keep in touch with my family in Chile. I always want for them to love this country , they were born here and they are Americans but at the same time I want them to know ,learn and love my country and my culture because is part of them too...I know they do!














No comments: